26 April 2013

What is Good: Here Design Inspiration


Here Design are one of my favourite studios working in London, because they are extremely talented at creating high quality branding ephemera that is really aesthetically pleasing whilst also communicating the brand it is designing for successfully. Here I have looked at the branding they did for Lina Stores and Gail's Bakery, both of which I would like to take design elements from to use in my own design work. I am very drawn to the use of candy stripe patterns in my work, and so I would like to apply a similar pattern to my own packaging but in a more traditional colour and style that is used for the Lina branding. I also like the use of the logo across both brands, as there is a little bit of variation so that not all the branding looks exactly the same but is still consistent and this makes it more visually interesting. I am also really inspired by the promotional leaflet created for Gail's Bakery, and I also like the use of cream and red which is classic combination that subtly conveys the traditional, artisan and British qualities of the bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment