27 April 2013

Theory into Practice: Collage Development 1

Collage Development 1: Honey Ryder

I have chosen to look at Honey Ryder as one of my features of the booklet, as she is one of the most iconic Bond girls, and probably one that fits most with the passive female model that Mulvey discussed in Visual Pleasure and Narrative Cinema.






The passive female representation is made obvious by the way that her emergence from the water is filmed, and for this collage I want to communicate how obviously the male spectator is being targeted, so I will be using the actual screen shots taken above as part of the imagery, in the style of a story board. 


I also want to include Bond's face in the collage, to show his reaction and what would be the reaction of the men watching the film.


With the older Bond films, the misogyny ingrained into the film is hilariously obvious, and this was something else that I wanted to portray, which is why I have used the jaw dropped Bond and the quote ' I can assure you my intentions are strictly honorable', when of course they are anything but. I am, so far, pleased with this composition, and I have left enough space in the layout for the content that I will be writing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment