26 April 2013

Theory into Practice: Bond imagery



This is a collection of scanned in Bond imagery that I have sourced from various websites as well as screen shots taken from youtube clips of the films with the scenes that were most important to the content of the book. I am using scanned in images taken from the internet, as the point of my booklet is the destruction of visual pleasure that Mulvey refers to in Visual Pleasure and Narrative Cinema, so with these images I have cut into them to deconstruct them and manipulate them, and will be reconstructing them into a collage that can put across the representations of both Bond and the females in the films.
I still need to manipulate some of the images more, and I need to work on how the imagery will be laid out to communicate my points about each of the moments or characters, but I think I have a good range of imagery to use, and hopefully I will be able to create something that works both aesthetically and from a theoretical point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment