24 April 2013

Theory into Practice: Bond clips

As I am doing about gender roles in the James Bond franchise for my publication, I need to use videos and research into the Bond films so that I can successfully communicate my points about each of the 8 important moments using collage, so I will be collecting images both from the internet and through these videos, which are perfect because they allow me to screen shot specific moments that are important to their representations within the film. This particularly applies to both the Honey Ryder scene and the scene with Pussy Galore as the images are set up in a very particular way to visually enhance the male gaze, whilst the scenes where Tracy di Vicenzo and M are involved are more important because of the writing of the scenes. For example in Goldeneye, M refers to Bond as 'sexist misogynist dinosaur, a relic from the cold war' which obviously signifies a sense of power and authority in her role that I will need to convey in my designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment