12 April 2013

Context of Practice Publication: Rewritten Proposal

After researching a little further into film festivals, and thinking more about what films would have to be featured in the festival for it to work, I decided to go down a simpler route for my publication.

I still want to use the research I have on Mulvey's theory of the male gaze and spectatorship, so I would now like to create a set of lecture notes that would be given out to people at a proposed talk by Mulvey at the BFI to celebrate the 40th anniversary of its first publication.

The notes will be a mixture of text based on both Mulvey's essay and my own written content relating to her theory, with use of imagery that will be either proving or attempting to disprove her theory.
This is in keeping with some of the research that I have been completing, particularly into the 'I am Dora' screenings and publications that get handed out at the different events run by them. The publications they hand out are very thoughtfully put together and well executed, as well as being interesting and interactive, so that the audience engages with it fully.

The audience will be adults, educated, working professionals with an interest in film theory, particularly feminist film theory, who may be aware of Mulvey's work in the past, or are discovering it through an interest in feminist film theory.

I intend to inform and educate with the notes, as well evoke interest in the subject, and create something that is enjoyable to read and could be kept afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment