29 April 2013

Theory into Practice: Collage Development 7

Collage Development 7: The Good and the Bad Bond Girls

Something that I have found through researching into gender roles in James Bond, and looking at the clips and synopses of the films is that several films have featured both a good and a bad Bond girl. In some ways the roles of the Bond girls are more positive and developed, with more to them than meets the eye, but eventually there are still shown to be weaker than Bond when they are defeated or saved by him. I want the good and the bad Bond girl to feature as a look at the formulaic virgin/vamp style that women in film get represented through, which I do think is still the case in some of the Bond films. 



I thought that the best way to design this layout would be to use static images of Bond and the Bond girls that I thought best represented this: Pierce Brosnan, Denise Richards and Sophie Marceau in The World is Not Enough. I wanted to make this page quite comical, and I thought that with them being portrayed as good and bad, I would use hand drawn illustrations to make them into the angel and the devil on Bond's shoulders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment