8 April 2013

Theory into Practice: Inspiration

I am Dora is 'A subjective and personal study, I am Dora is a publication and series of screenings that explore how and why women identify with one another and what this means when the identification is with a flawed or misunderstood character.'
(taken from their facebook page)


taken from it's nice that

I am struggling at the moment to come up with a concrete concept for my theory into practice publication, I only know that I really want it to centre on Mulvey's links to psychoanalytic theory in relation to females in the cinema, either exploring the psychoanalytic theories separately or as a collective. Finding this series of publications and the website has given me some inspiration and ideas to work on tonight so that I can hopefully begin my designing. I love the way that the publications have been put together so thoughtfully, with separate pieces that are joined together in an unconventional way, that help to represent the fragmentation of the females. The different publications have different themes, but they all focus on women and identity, relating to cinema.


No comments:

Post a Comment