18 May 2012

Finished Product

Images of the final product, as it will be presented in the final crit. 
For the purposes of being able to get it published and bound so that it looked professional, it was sent off to printed.com, this however, meant dividing the book into 2 separate editions, but if I was able to print and bind it myself, then it would have been simply one edition. 
Overall I am pleased with the way that the layouts have printed, and the book looks crisp and clean, and contemporary, which was my main aim throughout. Unfortunately, there is a printing mistake throughout which means that the Thursdays in the planner are not completely visible, and I have now learnt for future reference to allow extra space when printing, or sending off to print.  






The printed poster has not worked out as well as I hoped, which is partly because of my poor preparation - I should have mocked up the poster and planned it so that it could actually fold around the book, but without a book to work on it with, it was very difficult to accurately design something that worked well.



The printer also failed to recognise the typeface which has meant that the overall look of the poster has been let down, which is something I will correct after the crit. 





No comments:

Post a Comment