9 January 2013

ISTD: Research into Identity

After looking at research into the 'Madchester' era, I came across a shop in the Northern Quarter that used to be a go to for both the bands and the fans of the music. I want to create a record shop with a similar concept, so I thought I would look at their website and see what they offer. 




The shop mainly offers prints and photographs, as well as T-shirts, the most famous one being this one. Apparently it caught on pretty fast at the time, and I guess that's because it's kind of irreverent and tongue in cheek, which reflects Manchester, and some of the bands that were famous at the time, pretty well.
In terms of the design of the branding and the website, I think it could be more up to date and a little sleeker, but seeing as it was/is a Manchester institution you can't really argue with it. The use of yellow seems very appropriate because it references the colour used by Factory Records, the big label of the time, which is something I would like to do with my own branding.

No comments:

Post a Comment