9 January 2013

ISTD: Guardian Guide Research

Sophie Henson

Rude
Kate Moross
Melvin Galapon







As part of the progress crit, it was suggested that I could possible create a feature on Madchester music for a music magazine or culture section of a newspaper, so I have decided to look the Guardian Guide, because I know that this supplement is heavy with music features, and the Guardian have a big interest in culture. Looking at the Guides that are here, they all seem to be very illustrative as opposed to photographic, which is something that I do not feel will work very well for my own guide, however, the one by Melvin Galapon I think is closer to what I would like to do,  as it is a bold but simple typographic image that creates an interest without immediately giving away the entire feature.





No comments:

Post a Comment