9 January 2013

Individual Practice: Hellfire Beer Label Research


Here I have some research into beer label designs that I think will help me with my own designs for the Hellfire brief. The brief from the marketing team and the brewery were that they wanted to create something with a contemporary feel, so I have tried to find labels that relate to this. A lot of the images I have found focus more on quality typefaces and layout rather than imagery, which I think looks more successful and stands out against the more traditional beer labels seen on shelves generally. The simple labels also work successfully because they create more of an impact with the design elements they choose, for example the Monteith's Single Source Beer, which has a black bottle, with minimal use of white text. The effect is very striking, and works with the name of the beer. The print quality of the bottle also looks very high quality, which adds to it's attractiveness to customers. Another textual beer label that I think works well is the Brewers Union. The use of black white and gold makes it appear high quality and the use of bold text gives it a strong visual impact. Most of the labels I have found have used the traditional format of a rectangular label, which I think works well visually and practically, and because of the timescale I have for this brief, I am going to create a rectangular label. After viewing all of these bottles, I would like my label to be more text heavy with minimal use of imagery, simply laid out so that the focus is on the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment