14 March 2013

Essay: Feedback

Mark: Barely passable (a polite way of saying rubbish)
Criticisms: Not enough theory has been applied to the essay to back up the points I tried to make / Too many examples used with only superficial readings
Action plan: A total rewrite is required, with more focus placed on Mulvey's theory and more written about it (at least 800 words), only 2 readings of posters, triangulation with people who criticise/agree with Mulvey.

To say that I was disappointed with this mark would be an understatement, but I get the points that have been made about it. I currently feel slightly overwhelmed with the prospect of trying to rewrite it, particularly on top of the rest of the things I need to do. Some of my notes will still be valid, but I need to source more arguments for and against Mulvey's theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment