1 November 2011

Research for Proverbally Yours/Message and Delivery

These are some scans of pages from the book Absolute Appeal - Direct Mail Design. The book details some really interesting and innovative pieces of design sent out by companies to clients/invitees etc, and includes invitations to events, promtional material and the like. The designs I've chosen I feel deliver a really unique message, and one that communicates that message well, and in an innovative manner. 

If I were to receive any of these things in the post I'd be pretty excited, but I think my favourites are the Beams invitation which then creates a little building, the fanned out cards and the MTV VMA Japan awards invite. I think because the concepts for the pieces have been so well developed, and with the MTV invite, I feel like the tone being delivered fits perfectly with the style of communication MTV generally employs - it's young, fun and tongue in cheek, or in this case, paper tongue hanging out of mouth. 

Whilst I'm unsure about the level of craft I will be able to achieve with my own designs, these are definitely something brilliant to aspire to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment