9 May 2013

Theory into Practice: Final PDFs


Destroying Visual Pleasure: Book 1
Book 1 focusses on the psychoanalytic theories that Mulvey evidences in her essay Visual Pleasure and Narrative Cinema.


Destroying Visual Pleasure: Book 2
Book 2 looks at 8 important moments/characters from the Bond franchise, exploring the differing representations of gender.

These are the final PDF versions of my books which I will be printing tomorrow. I will be printing onto coloured stock, with each book being a different colour. I want the printed books to look 'lo-fi' because with the aesthetics of the book being reconstruction and collage I think this will be emphasise the effect. I am really happy with the collages I have created and in general the content I have written feels informative, whilst still retaining a sense of humour which I think is important when dealing with heavy writing like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment