7 May 2013

Theory into Practice: Booklet Development

Whilst I've been working on the James Bond part of my publication, it has been occurring to me that the visual style of it does not work with the visual style I started out with on the hot dog booklet, where I have used colour and more simple photography to discuss the psychoanalytical theories used by Mulvey. Therefore, I have decided to go back to it and change it to the visual style I am using now so that they are cohesive.

I have also decided against having it as a hot dog booklet, as the use of two different a4 formats seems silly and wouldn't look right, so it will now be a separate, smaller booklet that would act as an introduction to the James Bond publication.

These are the updated layouts of the booklets. I have used the same style of imagery for each of the theories, with the binoculars for scopophilia, as well as adding a couple of peeping toms, the garden clippers for castration theory and the hand mirrors for Lacan's mirror stage theory. I think the additional images emphasise the point more, and also make the layout feel more similar to those in the Bond booklet, with some humour added.





Again I have made the layout of the text more informal so that it makes sense with the collage and also so that it is similar in style to the Bond booklet. I had already created the writing for this part of the booklet, and having read through it again I am satisfied with what it communicates to the audience, so I don't want to make any changes to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment