10 May 2013

Theory into Practice: Bound Booklets

Destroying Visual Pleasure

Book 1: Laura Mulvey's Theories





Destroying Visual PleasureBook 2: Gender Roles in James Bond 





 
The booklets have now been bound using the saddle stitch method, which I chose as they were only thin booklets, and also the DIY/collage aesthetic suited being saddle stitched more than it did perfect bound which I think would have made it feel a bit too formal and clashed with the aesthetics of the booklets.
Despite a few minor niggling problems I have with the print quality which have mainly come from manually printing it instead of having it printed professionally, I am happy with the designs of the booklet in terms of layout and the stocks I have chosen, which I think all work well together. 
I think it was a good decision to change the format to a5, as the text works better smaller and feels more readable than an a4 publication would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment