12 March 2012

What is a Line? Research

Trying to find some inspiration for my what is a line brief, but I'm trying to be more experimental and it's difficult to find ideas that haven't already been done. Instead I'm just going to look at stuff I like use it as a jumping off point for something new.
My initial rationale for the brief is Actor's lines - TV and Publication, but I'm interested in stretching it into something more conceptual, like packaging for iconography from the tv shows, but I'm aware this is going too far away from actors lines  and from publications.

Jerod Gibson


I really like these posters created for both film and TV shows by Jerod Gibson - the use of type as image that utilises iconic quotes from both of the shows is fun, interesting and appeals to all fans because it reminds them of some of the absolutely genius lines. For many people, TV shows like this are really rare nowadays and it's nice that people want to commemorate them in design, instead of ignoring their contribution to popular culture. 
The simplicity of the rest of the image also highlights the importance of the text, and keeps it looking cool and stylish. 


Albert Exergian

Albert Exergian created a series of posters for popular tv shows in a modernist style that is incredibly clever, taking iconography from the show and creating something beautiful, memorable and unique. Again, it's great that these TV shows have been commemorated and celebrated in contemporary design.





No comments:

Post a Comment