29 March 2012

Underpinning with Theory

Because my designer a week diary will be featuring mainly contemporary designers and studios, I also want to include some features within the publication about design theory and movements within graphics.

I have found several books detailing the history of specific movements, which I will post shortly, but I have also found a website which has some incredibly useful information on movements relating to modernism, and the movements that came after or as a reaction to modernism.

http://www.designhistory.org



The website offers concise summaries of the movements and their historical context, which would be something I would want to mimic in my own features, so that the first years find the information engaging rather than boring. 
I want to research into specific movements further, such as modernism, the international style, the history of typography, new wave, punk and pop art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment