24 February 2013

What is Good? Research into Promotional Design

Arrested Development is the 'good' that I want to work with in this brief. In the last couple of sessions we have been required to bring in printed examples of the work we would like to create, however, this has restricted me a lot because I want to work on a larger scale, producing products that are more concept driven, and therefore not really very achievable in a studio environment. My main focus is on retail and promotion, especially ambient advertising, with a secondary focus on product and packaging. Both of these suit my brief the most, because Netflix, the online TV and Film streaming service is releasing a new season of Arrested Development in the near future, and so it makes sense that I would be creating some form of advertising for it. I would like to create a really clever advertising campaign to reflect the spirit of the show, but also some products that will need packaging to distribute as part of the campaign. A publication may also be appropriate as a piece of fan memorabilia, but I do not want to create one simply for the sake of it.

I have been using Pinterest and Online sources to find some inspirational and creative examples of promotion and marketing.


No comments:

Post a Comment