23 February 2012

Inspiration/Dave Perillo

http://montygog.blogspot.com/
For one of my ideas, I am trying to include some nostalgic illustrations, because in the last module I failed to actually use much image in my final products, and I wanted to give it a go.
I thought that the use of more 'retro' style illustrations would link more closely to the style of work that Erik Kessels produces, although I know that his work mainly uses actual photographs as opposed to drawings.

I finally came across the work of Dave Perillo after searching for endlessly. I'd seen his work before and loved it, but stupidly not actually paid attention to his name.
His work is very focussed on American pop culture, and the style of design is incredibly attractive to me because of the use of a bright colour palette, and his use of fun and humour to create something really effective and engaging.

The animation style he uses is similar to that of Hanna Barbera, who created well known cartoon shows in the 20th century.






No comments:

Post a Comment