23 January 2012

Restaurant Brand Identities



Yo Sushi - Probably the most well known Japanese restaurant in the UK, Yo Sushi's branding is bold, and colourful. I'd describe it's identity as quite vibrant and youthful, targeting a young, creative market interested in a unique food concept. The pink and orange colours work well with the typeface, and it resembles the imagery often found in modern Japan.




The Wagamama brand contrasts Yo Sushi's identity, and overall, the look is far more sophisticated, formal, and neutral. It is difficult to ascertain a very specific audience, instead, Wagamama appeals to everyone. Despite the logo being quite simple, the design still alludes to the origins of the cuisine via the red star, so it is much more subtle. 

For my own work, I would like it to fall somewhere in between the two styles I've looked at here. I want to include some formal and unfussy elements, whilst still maintaining an element of fun and light heartedness so that it appeals to my target market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment